Founded in 2007 by some Chin youth journalists in Rangoon, Fidi Group aims to promote and protect our Chin literature, culture and rights to information among Chins, to aware political, social, economic and environmental issues and conduct training on capacity awareness building. Since then, the group had been collecting Chin youths’ Emails who are interested in promoting Chin dialects and culture within inside and outside the country and created ‘Google Group’ as a platform which means to share information on scholarship opportunities, job opportunities and discuss any Chin related issues via social network.
After three years of founding, the Group published poetry book in November 2009 entitled “Fidi Biazai” written by 43 writers living inside and outside the country depend on participated common interest through individual participated fund from our Google Group. With finance received from selling the books, the Group published monthly news journal called the Chinland Post and this publication was stopped in its fourth issues when the authority found that it was illegal publishing.
Even though The Chinland Post news journal stopped its publication, the group had presenting information and awareness issues via its website (thechinlandpost.info). After the new democratic government appeared, the publishing has started again under Fidi Group as Media Project in January, 2013 with six full staff and eight volunteers. The weekly Chinland Post is now held its permission of publication with Reg. 05009 granted by Ministry of Information, Myanmar.
Fidi Group has currently two department; Media Department which run the Chinland Post and Youth Capacity Center which focus on capacity building and research in Chin State.
Its Vision and Mission
– To promote the participation of Youth and Woman in State Building through strengthening their capacity in understanding of mass media, human rights, politics, development and other sectors.
– To be a leading Chin Independent Media Organization and create strong media institution in Chin dialect for the Chins.
– To conduct training on Journalism, Democracy, Human Rights, Indigenous Rights, Research Methodology for youth, women and other interested people in contribution on freedom of expression as a means of restoring democratic society and promoting human rights in Chin State..
– To conduct career counseling among youth, a primary survey about Chin affairs and publish the fact-finding in the means of giving social awareness in politics, development, and other related issues.
– To provide important and reliable news, investigative stories, and articles with high quality based on balance, fairness, accurateness, and timing to our readers.
– Through writing such important information, Fidi Group and The Chinland Post strongly believe that transparency, account-abilities among stakeholders and government progress, and rule of law in Chin State promote.
Values of The Chinland Post
• It practices media ethnics in line with professional media protocol.
• It practices mutual respect without discrimination of all forms.
• It believes and practices freedom of expression and media freedom.
• It practices transparency and responsibilities among its administrative mechanism.
• It accepts and practices gender equality and equity.
The current board of the management team are as follow;
Salai Mang Hre Lian
Salai Sang Hnin Lian
Operation & Finance Director
Salai Bawi Uk Thang
Media Dept. Director
Salai Holy Tawk Tling Thang
Online & Web Editor of Chinland Post
Salai Za Bawi Thawng
Member & Executive Editor of Chin Digest
Salai June Nilian Sang
Member & Accountant of Chinland Post
Gracy Siang Hlei Dim
Van Biak Thang
Za Uk Ling
Sayamah Ram Nawn
Sayamah Siang Zi
Pastor Lian Chawn
Tial Awi Thang
Pu Chan Pum